2017 Annual Conference
Conference and Meeting: March 16-17, 2017
Pre-conference Professional Development Workshops: March 15, 2017
The Society for Benefit-Cost Analysis (SBCA) is an international group of practitioners, academics and others who are working to improve the theory and application of the tools of benefit-cost analysis.
Thank you to those who joined us at our Ninth Annual Conference! Slides from select presentations will be made available on our website here pending authors' permission: https://benefitcostanalysis.org/2017-conference-agenda-and-abstracts
Video of the keynote address is available on YouTube here: Keynote Address
Photos from the conference are available on our Facebook page: Conference photos
We hope to see you again next year!
- Guidance for Program Participants
- Event Sponsorship Opportunities
- Exhibitor and Advertising Opportunities
- Conference Venue and Hotels
- 2017 Program Committee
Our final event program is now available: Final Program Book. Please note that we may print a program addendum with any last-minute updates and will have it available at the registration table.
We are excited to announce that this year's program will feature a keynote address by Katharine G. Abraham, Professor of Economics and Survey Methodology, University of Maryland and Chair, Commission on Evidence-Based Policymaking. She will speak on the topic of "Improving the Evidence Base for Government Decisions."
Online registration is closed.
2017 conference registration rates are as follows:
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION (before January 31, 2017 11:59 PM PST)
- $335 for 2017 Society members
- $500 for non-members
- $150 for 2017 student members or students enrolled full-time at a 2017 Organizational Affiliate
REGULAR REGISTRATION (from February 1 through March 14, 2017, 11:59 PM PST)
- $415 for 2017 Society members
- $580 for non-members
- $175 for 2017 student members or students enrolled at a 2017 Organizational Affiliate
ON-SITE REGISTRATION (after March 15, 2017)
- $495 for 2017 Society members
- $660 for non-members
- $200 for 2017 student members or students enrolled at a 2017 Organizational Affiliate
Conference registration includes breakfast, lunch, and break refreshments on Thursday and Friday, along with three receptions (Wednesday - Friday evenings). Fees are used in part to cover food and alcoholic beverages for the activities mentioned above.
Any cancellation requests must be received via telephone or by email by 11:59 p.m. PST on January 31, 2017 to be eligible for a refund of the entire registration fee. Cancellation requests received after 11:59 p.m. PST on January 31, 2017 and before 11:59 p.m. PST on February 19, 2017 will be subject to a $75 cancellation fee. After 11:59 p.m. PST on February 19, the registrant shall be liable for the full registration fee. Refunds will not be given for no-shows. Email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 206.616.4090.
We invite you to support the Society and highlight the role of your organization by sponsoring a conference event, for amounts ranging from $1,500 to $3,500. To sponsor a conference event please complete and return the event sponsorship form below as soon as possible. Sponsorship opportunities are limited.
If you are interested in demonstrating products, software, books or journals and attracting new students, employees, and clients, consider advertising or exhibiting with us. To submit a request for advertisement or exhibition table please complete and return the commitment form below. The deadline for submissions is February 17, 2017.
*** Please note that, due to a city-wide major convention, many hotel rooms across the District will be unavailable and/or priced higher than usual. We encourage you to make your reservation at one of our block hotels as early as possible to guarantee a room. ***
The Marvin Center at the George Washington University (red pin in the map below)
800 21st St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20052
The University Inn (blue pin in the map below) -- BLOCK FULL
824 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington, DC 20037
Key Bridge Marriott ($189/night) (yellow pin in the map below) -- BLOCK DEADLINE EXTENDED
Rooms in the SBCA block can be reserved for $189/night using this link: SBCA room reservations. The deadline for booking a room in the block is February 24, 2017.
1401 Lee Highway, Arlington, VA 22209
- Lynn Karoly, Chair (RAND Corporation)
- Daniel Acland (University of California, Berkeley)
- Luc Baumstark (University of Lyon)
- Susan Dudley (The George Washington University)
- Margaret Kuklinski (University of Washington)
- David Luskin (U.S. Department of Transportation)
- John Mendeloff (University of Pittsburgh)
- George Parsons (University of Delaware)
- Emile Quinet (École des Ponts ParisTech)
- Anne Smith (NERA Economic Consulting)
- Fran Sussman (ICF International)
- Judy Temple (University of Minnesota)
- Craig Thornton (Mathematica Policy Research, Inc.)
- Jack Wells (retired - U.S. Department of Transportation)
2017 Workshop Subcommittee
- Gary VanLandingham, Chair (Florida State University)
- Susan Dudley (The George Washington University)
- Lynn Karoly (RAND Corporation)
- Lisa Robinson (Harvard University)
- Aylin Sertkaya (Eastern Research Group, Inc.)
- Kip Viscusi (Vanderbilt University)
- Darcy White (The Pew Charitable Trusts)